Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lulu Byrde

 The big city overwhelmed me. I never imagined leaving home. I was not prepared for a life living in urban sprawl.

My adventure was maybe a bit of a rebellion. I spent hours researching birds; their habits,  best tools for feeding and watering, how to slow their flight and what was the best habitat.

The application was 7 pages long. A city official was to review the application. After a home visit the process began.

I wrote in a diary. My notes were not all feeding and cleaning. Oh my, the trouble those girls would get in. They were clowns- fun to watch.

I enjoyed Sally, Grettle, Ellie and Bernice. Joy always made me giggle watching her waddle while running. Grettle was the only one that flew over our fence.

What a sight for the neighbors to watch us chase our chicken!

No comments: