Thursday, May 28, 2015

Arro Gantly

I worked long hours; like a race horse with blinders. At one point the work was recognized, my telephone did not stop ringing. Little by little co-workers stopped relying on me.

I spent more time with my knurled hands around a pen and telephone while listening to reports. 

They all told me to work less, they all told me to excersize. My family wanted my brief weekend time. That was my day to recharge.

I look around me. Ken who clocked in and  out minutes befor and after the end of the work day.  Sally that spent more time fixing coffee and sharpening penciles than work. Bruce, buried with a beer inside a hard hat, is  lying beside me. Daily He slipped out and arranged to have his time card punched out at day's end. 

I worked harder than them all.  I died walking down the hallway on my way to the copy machine.  Why did Ken, Sally and Bruce get pins for their effort while on the job. My pin is the same as theirs!


No comments: