Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I forgot the Danish


I FORGOT THE DANISH 

My tea party was great but, I forgot the Danish. The full pastry box was found unopened, inside  the refrigerator. 

..
I looked around the table of 8 women  and Miss Scarlett. Everything seemed to come together.

My menu was what would be found at tea rooms near me.

Chicken salad on small roll/bun, ham salad on bread (crust cut), sweet bread of lemon or banana, fruit, mini size pastries.

OK. I was confident. What fun mixing place settings and never matching China. Crystal stemware  was ready for freshly squeezed lemon-lime water. The clear glass pitcher displayed the  slices of lemon and lime fruit coloring the iced beverage.

So what was off ?

The salad size plates looked bare. Miniature pastries and strawberries did not fill the space..triangle shape, no crust, ham salad tea size sandwiches were dwarfed.  Small bun chicken salad sandwiches did not help much.

I kept feeling like my friends were starving !

Is this how British woman eat ? How can they all not be skinny as a bird ?

Forget the Danish.  Slap down some American potato salad, bring on the pickles, chips and bake beans. Grab an apple, banana or whole pineapple.

China place settings, dainty tea cups and crystal was fun. Tea party fun.  But, oh my.. We are American Girls !

Come on Trisha Yearwood...Sing it !

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: