Tuesday, May 26, 2015

End of school 2015


Good morning!

We are nearing summer's schedule. Countdown-6 days until school ends. You will hear me dance. Lol

Boys arrive @ 6:00 AM. At this point I prepare for them. I sneak up , unlock front door, light the hall and TV room. Lastly back to bed, throw covers over my head and ignore a new early morning.

All that activity, why don't I just stay up.

Staying up requires getting dressed, hair, and smooth makeup over a morning face. All this makes me feel good,  

Looking in my mirror is pleasing. I am ready for my day; walk up the steps to top level looking forward to greet our 2 grandlings.  

The noise sharply hit my ears, they  fight, no fists-just pick at each other. They too are ready for the end of school. 

Behavior modification:

Jacob: I can threaten to sit in a lawn chair placed at the corner sidewalk, sip morning tea  and wait for the middle school bus. The image of Jacobs total mortifying embarrassment is not pleasing but, it is delightful to watch his face shocked with horror. His quiet voice begins. Preteen grumpiness drains away. Jacob is back to a wonderful boy before hormones. 

Michael's threat; having to sit in Scarlett's lion lawn chair, watching his friends play football or tag until the bus arrives. Quickly our delightful Michael returns and he is ready to help cook eggs.

I miss my hens. There was no lazy choice. I could not cover my head and  ignore morning activities.
I had to wake, feed my little ones, change their water and  gather eggs. I freed my little hens from their coop for a brief walkabout. Their antics gave me joy !

My bib overalls and muck boots were easy; nightgown shoved into overalls. Bare feet easily slip into farm muck boots.

I so get Mr. Green from Captain Kangeroo. Even a pretend farmer starts a morning happy.

Back to the house, dress, gently sipping tea from a China cup. Boys or no boys -what a morning!

Summer will start differently.  I think I will grab my Christmas gift super camera. I'd like to start a morning journal. Days wakening during each season in Ohio. 
This is OHIO, we can count each day will be different. 

I write to you. My own journaling the wackiness that unfold during my day.

Days can span from crises turning 60 to ending the school year and ...whatever comes along. As in the book of James "...call  it all joy," Beyond the book's  context his phrase is perfect for life's activity.

Joy-a wonderful life !

Love you, I do hope your days are full of friends, busy schedule and smiles.
Kris




Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: